PLEASE HELP! INSTALLED LATEST WINDOWS UPDATE

Tom_G98 03:09 28 Jan 2018

I installed the latest update for Windows 10, it downloaded and installed fine. It then loads into the sign in screen and I enter my password. Then, after it loads into the desktop it freezes flashing black every 2-3 seconds. I can move the mouse however I cannot click anything, nor do any keyboard shortcuts work. I thought it might be a driver error, so I removed my gpu and this didn’t work. I don’t really understand what is causing this issue, and would really appreciate any help. Thanks

Tom_G98 03:14 28 Jan 2018

This is a message I get after pressing the power button and my pc goes to shut down.

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:09 28 Jan 2018

Will it boot OK in safe mode?

Tom_G98 12:40 28 Jan 2018

Not really. It boots up into desktop, doesn’t flash or anything but the pc isn’t very responsive. Like I can click and drag things on desktop icons but can’t open up device manager or anything

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:02 29 Jan 2018

Boot to safemode

right click start - command prompt (admin) or powershell admin - type sfc / scannow - press enter

let windows scan for missing or corrupt windows files - wait until it completes may take awhile,

Start - POwer _ Restart (not shutdown)

see if that makes any difference.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone X (2018)