PC typing 0/0/0/ on its own all the time.

tomo359 15:42 24 Dec 2015

I turned my pc on as usual this morning, and everything seemed fine until after i'd logged on and noticed the computer started typing 0/0/0/0/ all the time. I checked the keyboard to make sure no keys were stuck, and pressed others to make sure they were working (which they were). I tried turning the wireless keyboard off and unplugging the adaptor but it was still happening.

I then tried to turn the on screen keyboard off (I have a touchscreen desktop pc running Windows 10) but it was still happening.

I have tried logging off and shutting down but each time I turn it on it happens again.

I am now unable to get any work done as whenever I open the start menu or web browser it just starts typing these two characters automatically. I have tried searching the web for answers but no one seems to have the same problem.

Last night when I turned the PC off, it installed an update... could this have anything to do with it? I have tried a system restore to an earlier date, but this hasn't helped.

Does anyone know what might be causing this or how I can stop it? Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:24 24 Dec 2015

Scan for virus and malware

Secret-Squirrel 17:46 24 Dec 2015

I have tried logging off and shutting down .............

Ah, that'll have no effect with Windows 10 (and Windows 8). Click on Power then choose Restart instead. It frequently works miracles and should be the first thing that's tried when Windows 10 & 8 start misbehaving.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)