pc taken over since its been in for repairs

roderick2 08:25 29 Jan 2018

hi my pc went in for repairs a few weeks ago and since then at 9 00am or just after my pc starts doing things without me touching the mouse, and when i do touch the mouse it wont respond and just keeps going and clicking on things. the only way i can stop it is to force shutdown

Secret-Squirrel 10:33 29 Jan 2018

Rod, did you fail to spot my suggestion from earlier?

roderick2 11:14 29 Jan 2018

thanks warlord the pc has been fine today since i unticked the allow remote, only a couple of things been installed since just before the pc went for repair and thats windows updates and one flash update. right i wont shut down again the way i did pushing power button till it goes of. the only company i let remote access to was virgin a few months ago but there was no problem with the pc till it went for repair. i will run the prog you mentioned and see what happens.

alanrwood 12:22 29 Jan 2018

Have a look in Task Scheduler and see if anything was programmed to run at that time of day. If so disable it.

Secret-Squirrel 12:53 29 Jan 2018

I'm not going to ask again. I give up.

roderick2 12:58 29 Jan 2018

secret squirrel there was nothing new there, its been one hell of a morning for me so much going on

roderick2 13:05 29 Jan 2018

alan run task there was nothing set to run at any time. i think the prob was remote access was on and some one was connecting that way, its been ok since i unticked it

lotvic 16:19 29 Jan 2018

If it happens again, instead of shutting pc down - disconnect pc from the internet / Router by unplugging the Ethernet cable or if WiFi switch off WiFi on Router. You will then be able to investigate further.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the Huawei Mate 30 launch live: Munich, September 19

Create live VFX

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Comparatif : Apple Watch Series 5 vs Series 4