PC not recognising new GPU

erzvolnes 15:08 19 May 2019
Answered

Today I installed a new GPU. (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050). I installed it correctly, as far as I know, and ran the included driver/utility installation disk, which went through a lengthy installation process & seems to be functioning. However the fans on my new GPU aren't running, and device manager lists only the Standard VGA graphics adaptor, and not my new graphics card.

Any tips on how to troubleshoot this, or how to fix it? I'm hesitant to mess around with too much beyond the basics without advice as I'm relatively new to the whole process. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Menzie 15:46 19 May 2019
Answer

Which exact model of graphics card is it?

For example is it a Gigabyte GeForce 1050 2GB OC?

Does your new card have any power connectors on board and have they been connected to your Power Supply unit?

Is the card sitting fully in the PCIE port?

Is the display connected to a port on the card and not the motherboard display.

Have you tried downloading the latest drivers from Nvidia themselves? I suggest doing that any way as the old drivers were found to be a security risk fairly recently.

What were you using previously for graphics?

lotvic 16:10 28 May 2019

Please Greentick as you seem to have now got it installed.
See and respond on latest Thread from erzvolnes ClickHere

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2019

macOS Catalina: Latest Version, Updates, Problems, Fixes & Features

Les meilleurs téléphones Android (à moins de 600 €)