PC keeps having bsod, tired all options

Alex Wood 15:45 06 Feb 2019

Hello, my friend has given me his old pc and it is having massive issues currently and I don't know why, I keep getting a repeated BSOD with a memory issues. I've checked the health of the hard disk, had a clean install, re seated ram and everything and it still keeps happening. It appears to be random but when I first switch my computer on it seems to work fine at first.

Recently I've been getting this error where everything on my screen turns black and a window comes up saying something about memory allocation failed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:11 06 Feb 2019

old PC? what op system windows 7? how much RAM?

how much virtual memory

Pagefile (Virtual Memory) -- Right click MY Computer - select properties - Advanced tab - Performance - advanced tab - Virtual memory click change, you can put the page file on a different drive (if you have one), click custom size and set Initial size to one and a half times the amount of memory you have fitted i.e. 2GB memory = set to 3GB, set maximum to double your memory amount i.e. 2GB RAM = 4GB pagefile size click ok. If your hard drive is full and there is not enough room for the pagefile this can slow down, freeze or even cause the PC to crash (restart).

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

The Best 404 Page Designs: from delightful illustrations to time-wasting games

Powerbeats Pro review

Que faire si le son de votre Mac ne fonctionne plus ?