PC freezes when i try to enter BIOS while...

SnappyHD 19:42 19 Jan 2018

My computer freezes on the screen that says "Asus in search of incredible... Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting" whenever I try to enter the bios by doing what it says, however this only happens when I have my external hard drive plugged in. I installed a linux operating system on the hard drive and then removed it, and then messed around with the formatting and partitioning, and i'm suspecting that some of this tampering is the cause of this. I have now, reset the external hard drive entirely and I just updated my BIOS but still, it freezes when i try to open the BIOS upon boot when I have the external hard drive plugged in.

SnappyHD 19:45 19 Jan 2018

And can I also mention that I want to be able to use this external hard drive again as a bootable device.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Festival de Cannes 2018 ?