Pc freezes and i have to shut it down

Amar04 18:06 18 Jan 2019

Hello, I just got this issue today and it is that my pc randomly freezes and i have to shut it down. Sometimes i have 10mins before it freezes when i boot the computer and sometime I have 5min, or maybe even more depends on what Im doing. Ive been browsing forums and installed speed fan program and it shows that my CPU temp is 60-65C and a fire besides it, what can I do to fix it? Is it maybe that I need new thermal paste because I havent put any since I bought the pc which was like 8months ago or something more expensive?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:15 18 Jan 2019

Make and model of PC ? new or second hand if its only 8 months old then it is still under guarantee

CPU 60 -65 sounds OK

Amar04 21:35 18 Jan 2019

First bought as second hand but then I bought a new radeon rx 560 4gb, asrock h61m-vg3 mobo, wd blue 1tb, kingston ssd 128, so pretty much only second hand piece is the cpu which is intel i7 2600, but in the app speedfan, its sayscpu 66 and a fire besides it, but I already ordered a cooler and expecting it tommorow

wee eddie 01:02 19 Jan 2019

I can't believe that Thermal Paste is the problem. No,or badly applied Thermal Paste will usually produce a swift rise in temperature.

What may be causing your problem is dust between the fins of the heat exchanger

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Hands-on

From Haiku to Hokusai: How a new puzzle game was inspired by ancient Japanese art

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les meilleurs forfaits mobiles à moins de 20 €