PC Boot Issues From USB Flash Drive (Win7 to 10)

Pogfamous 15:11 04 May 2017

I recently encountered a problem with my OS, leading me to attempt a fresh install of Windows. My previous windows versionn was 7 Ultimate, I am now attempting to boot a copy of a Windows 10 ISO on a USB Flash Drive.

The problem is that despite selecting the flash drive as 1st in boot priority through bios, the system is still booting from the HDD. I have already tried removing the HDD from the boot queue altogether, leading me to a screen which reads: "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in slected boot device and press a key". Upon pressing a key the same prompt is issued.

Rig is as follows: MSI Z77A-G43 Intel i3 Processor (Sandybridge) Nvidia 570 GPU Hyperx 2 x 4gb sticks.

alanrwood 15:39 04 May 2017

I would guess that the Flash drive is not bootable so the BIOS by-passes it and goes to the next option. How did you prepare the Flash Drive

Dragon091 20:26 13 May 2017

If you want to solve all computer problems I hope to visit our website through this link click here

Dragon091 20:44 13 May 2017

If you want to download the Windows Update from 7 to 10 only with a direct link click here

Burn-it 00:47 14 May 2017

My guess is that not only is the flash drive not bootable, you have also just copied the ISO to it when you need to copy the CONTENTS of the ISO to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

How to learn 3D modelling in Blender

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs jeux pour apprendre à coder