Outlook 365 - two questions

Jollyjohn 15:53 10 Dec 2018

First - can I see the saved password in outlook mail? The user has forgotten his password.
Second -How do I get the Navigation Bar back, it simply isn't there and nor are the Three Dots that I am expecting to find to get into Options. I suspect Outlook mail is corrupted as it is not working very well but I can't uninstall and re install without the password.

mildred hunter 16:17 10 Dec 2018

First. If MS Outlook from the 365 suite is attached to a Microsoft account you wont see it. otherwise its File from the menu bar then account settings and click on the account. Obviously its going to be stared out.

Second. Just click home on the menu bar.

Jollyjohn 16:26 10 Dec 2018

I don't have a Menu Bar or Home!! There is no Navigation bar at all

mildred hunter 16:55 10 Dec 2018

Try typing "Outlook /Safe" without the quotes into the run command.

Jollyjohn 13:38 17 Dec 2018

Thanks for the replies. I have been back to the computer today and reset the password succesfully. Outlook /safe helped - until I tried to add another account - after a frustrating hour waiting for Outlook to repair it still didn't work. I have researched a bit at home and find that BTconnect.com email addresses do not support imap!!!! Have found the correct settings to go back tomorrow and try again.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

D&AD Awards 2019: Check out the Pencil winners from the year's biggest creative awards

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)