one drive needs administrator rights

conrail 20:48 20 Dec 2014

using win 8.1, have downloaded one drive and saved photos and documents to it which I can access fine via 'this pc' but when I try to open one drive it tells me 'your system administrator has blocked the use of onedrive' I have tried to change permissions by pc; properties; security; edit and adding my pc outlook account, all are ticked but they are greyed out, except special permissions, just greyed out,including SYSTEM; my outlook a/c and administrator how can I access these permissions or open one drive as administrator, I want to update photos from my tablet, no problems there with one drive, thanks

conrail 22:30 23 Dec 2014

thanks to rdave13 & Fruit Bat /\0/\, things have worked out for the wrong reasons, when shutting down my laptop it told me there had been a problem shutting down, it then restarted taking about 5 minutes, I again shut down, again the error message so I tried the repair option, lost a lot of installed programs, luckily I have the disks, but retained files and there working fine is one drive, no problems yet so hopefully everything ok, before posting I noticed a lot of other peole had the same problem when I googled it, anyway once again, thanks very much for your help and advice, I havelearned a lot, your help is appreciated, have a very merry christmas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

Best Wacom deals for Easter

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?