No driver in PC; can't install windows 10

Alisha Kay Lee 16:22 25 Dec 2016

My brother recently got a new PC it came with everything but drivers or an operating system, we bought him windows 10 online and downloaded it and put it on a USB to install it to his computer. However, when we tried to put it on his computer we got stuck on the select driver menu as we don't have one; we also don't know how to get one or continue the windows installation. I'm probably being stupid but I would appreciate if someone could help, when I searched this question it came up with mac books and such but the computer we are on about is not a laptop computer. If you need any information about the computer please ask and I will reply as soon as I can.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:28 25 Dec 2016

how did you make the usb?

Secret-Squirrel 09:07 26 Dec 2016

.......we got stuck on the select driver menu ..............

A Google search tells me that this can occur when the USB drive is plugged into a USB3 port. Hopefully your brother's new PC has at least one USB2 port so trying plugging it into that instead and start the installation again.

If you don't know the difference then have a look at the picture below - the USB2 port is on the left with a black plastic bit in the middle:

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Climate change, War and #MeToo: 'Ugly Truth' Christmas jumpers show the dark side to modern life

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Samsung Galaxy S10 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs