No arrows on desktop shortcuts

wescliff 13:27 07 Apr 2018

Just noticed, none of my desktop Shortcuts have an arrow on them and neither do newly created shortcuts. Is there a setting somewhere so they can be put back. Grateful for any help.

wee eddie 13:34 07 Apr 2018

Shortcuts that you create have a curly arrow in the corner.

Shortcuts that come from within the Software itself, do not have an arrow.

wescliff 13:46 07 Apr 2018

That's what I mean, those I drag to desktop and choose create shortcut here have no arrows.

wee eddie 14:33 07 Apr 2018

Because, if you have dragged it onto your Desktop, it is not Shortcut. it is a copy of whatever you have just dragged.

wescliff 14:46 07 Apr 2018

Sorry but no, when you drag and let go there is a small menu, one option is to create a shortcut. Doesn't matter anymore because they've just reappeared. Strange.

wee eddie 15:25 07 Apr 2018

Drag using a Left Click. Open an Options Box ~ Right Click

mrcalif 17:06 07 Apr 2018

There is a Registry Setting to disable Shortcut arrows. Take a look below to see if it is present.

How to get rid of app shortcut arrows on the Windows 10 desktop

AroundAgain 17:43 07 Apr 2018

I've noticed that, recently, all my desktop shortcuts now don't show the arrow in the bottom left-hand corner. They are definitely shortcuts - if I R/c and open Properties, it describes as shortcut

I assumed this was something to do with Win 10 recent update, or something

rdave13 17:49 07 Apr 2018

Usually fixes itself after a reboot. However a lot on the net seem to be irritated by the arrow hence mrcalif 's post. Just a bug I think.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?