Hot Topics

New PC need my outlook 2019 password

awest3 14:51 22 Jul 2020
Answered

Hi, I seem to have managed to get my knickers in a twist. I have outlook 2019 on my desktop and need to set it up on a new laptop I've just bought. I have my password written down but it wont work when I try to set up outlook on my new machine. I want the same emails on both machines. I've tried to find my password through various routes but nothing seems to work. I can access my emails online using the same password but outlook does not recognise this. I seem to remember something about outlook setting up a really difficult password but again do not have note of it. Any ideas as to where I go from here? Thanks Al

awest3 14:57 22 Jul 2020

should have said I'm using POP.

awest3 15:44 23 Jul 2020
Answer

well its fixed but I'm not sure how exactly. Tried to set it up as POP account with no joy, all sorts of different errors. Created a new app password that did not work the first time. Then created another app password and that along with using IMAP instead of POP seems to have fixed it. Al

wee eddie 20:12 29 Jul 2020

Real ......mob stuff - FE told

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 4a review

Zarin Baksh magickally merges the female form with fantasy

New iMac 2020 release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour animaux (2020)