New MS Outlook email manager

[email protected] 20:08 14 Dec 2015

After many hours surfing to try and find an answer, and failing, I must be the zillionth user with problems since going over to Outlook from Hotmail but just maybe I can get help here. Scenario: Wife's (deceased) portable had her Hotmail account on it. I need to check this from time to time to see if any mail requires an answer. I thought it a good idea to put her account on my desktop to save booting up 2 computers to check mail. I installed her Hotmail (now) Outlook account on my desktop and I can now access her account, and mine, quickly when I boot up...BUT... Now when I boot up, instead of going to my normal screen bypassing login as I always preferred, I am faced with an Outlook login screen for her account. To access my computer I have to login to her Outlook account??? That's not all. I am not Administrator any more and my named account has disappeared. She is shown as administrator, her picture appears at the top of the Start list and with regard to Users, everything appears like it is HER computer (It was just my name before). In User Accounts there is only one entry - hers! I have tried all the "avoid login" settings but still the same: I boot up, I get to an Outlook Login screen with my wife's Avatar and I can only access MY computer by logging into her Outlook account. I would like my computer back with me as the administrator and sole user with a couple of Outlook accounts hung on, mine and hers. Anyone please ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)