Hot Topics

New Laptop Battery - dies when unplugged

Katherine “Katsura018” Domondon 20:39 14 Jan 2017

Hi I have an asusX355LD laptop (win 10), I changed the battery to a new one since the old one was done with its cycles (built in). It's seen when i do powercfg battery report (0c cycles etc) problem is when I unplug it, the laptop dies. I can't figure out what's wrong. Thanks in advance.

mole44 03:02 15 Jan 2017

Where did you buy the battery from,there are lots of counterfeit batteries about you may have got a duff one,it always amazes me why people buy the "Cheapest" instead of proper items i'm not of course implying you did.

Burn-it 16:40 15 Jan 2017

Did the old battery fail to work? If not just ignore the messages until it actually fails to hold a charge. Also it is possible to get the count reset if the battery is actually OK. Battery condition varies widely depending on how the machine and battery are used. I have batteries that have had that count reset several times and they are still in better condition than a cheap new battery. Heat and condensation are the biggest killers. It doesn't matter quite as much with modern batteries, but doing a full discharge (to 7%) and recharge cycle occasionally helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch HBO in the UK

All the Virtual Creative Events that'll save 2020

macOS 10.15.5 Catalina improves battery health and fixes Finder crash bug

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans