NEW AM4 gaming rig, experiencing micro ‘seizures’.

Evasivesnail 06:46 25 Mar 2018

So I have recently built myself a new rig. I was allocating more and more time to chilling out and just playing games, I wanted something that would handle the pressure better than my previous one would. I am about two weeks into using the new build now ( Specs Below ) and Have ironed out most of the teething problems bar a couple, of which I am having issues solving. I use this page an awful lot for all my computing solutions, so now I am hoping I can get the answer I am looking for.

Here is the issue, I will try my best to describe them.

During gameplay, or running a couple of applications, every now and then, in random successions the pc will have what I call a "seizure" for m/seconds the pc may freeze and any sound coming through would sounds like a glitchy white noise effete. Basically, repeating itself so fast it sounds like Cortana on speed. Then before I have even had chance to blink it stops. It doesn’t always do this, I have had it where I move the mouse and it doesn’t react immediately, or the speed of the mouse will change. I would describe it as "LAGGY" and then within a m/s its back to normally. I am stumped. It is really annoying also, and in games especially as it gives momentary lag. I have not experienced this before. Other than this issue, that I cannot figure out, the pc runs incredibly smooth and fast. It's my first build using AMD, I really fancied the Ryzen series.

I have updated the Bios, done a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, Updated and reinstalled drivers. I thought perhaps 8gb of ram wasn’t adequate enough? I would say I am pretty competent when it comes to builds, I follow the guidelines, take time and care. I see no visible damage to any of the products, all products are new, Brought Feb. this year. I thought I had done my best to put together a mid range rig for a decent price,where did I go wrong?

Specs!

*Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370-GAMING K5

*Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

*Cooler - Seidon 120V Liquid

*CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 MHz PC RAM - 4 GB x 2

*Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1060 Xtreme Edition 6GB GDDR5

*Kingston SSD A400 120 GB Solid State Drive ( C:Drive )

*TP-LINK T6E AC1300 Archer Dual Band Wireless PCI Express

*EVO Labs Cronus Modular 750 Watt 80 Cert PSU

Benchmark results

UserBenchmarks: Game 70%, Desk 66%, Work 43% CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X - 74.2% GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB - 76.9% SSD: Kingston A400 120GB - 49.2% HDD: Toshiba P300 1TB - 84.5% HDD: Seagate ST3250410AS 250GB - 31.9% RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 C14 2x4GB - 76.4% MBD: Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K5-CF

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment bloquer les pop-up sur Android ?