NEW AM4 gaming rig, experiencing micro ‘seizures’.

Evasivesnail 06:46 25 Mar 2018

So I have recently built myself a new rig. I was allocating more and more time to chilling out and just playing games, I wanted something that would handle the pressure better than my previous one would. I am about two weeks into using the new build now ( Specs Below ) and Have ironed out most of the teething problems bar a couple, of which I am having issues solving. I use this page an awful lot for all my computing solutions, so now I am hoping I can get the answer I am looking for.

Here is the issue, I will try my best to describe them.

During gameplay, or running a couple of applications, every now and then, in random successions the pc will have what I call a "seizure" for m/seconds the pc may freeze and any sound coming through would sounds like a glitchy white noise effete. Basically, repeating itself so fast it sounds like Cortana on speed. Then before I have even had chance to blink it stops. It doesn’t always do this, I have had it where I move the mouse and it doesn’t react immediately, or the speed of the mouse will change. I would describe it as "LAGGY" and then within a m/s its back to normally. I am stumped. It is really annoying also, and in games especially as it gives momentary lag. I have not experienced this before. Other than this issue, that I cannot figure out, the pc runs incredibly smooth and fast. It's my first build using AMD, I really fancied the Ryzen series.

I have updated the Bios, done a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, Updated and reinstalled drivers. I thought perhaps 8gb of ram wasn’t adequate enough? I would say I am pretty competent when it comes to builds, I follow the guidelines, take time and care. I see no visible damage to any of the products, all products are new, Brought Feb. this year. I thought I had done my best to put together a mid range rig for a decent price,where did I go wrong?

Specs!

*Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370-GAMING K5

*Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

*Cooler - Seidon 120V Liquid

*CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 MHz PC RAM - 4 GB x 2

*Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1060 Xtreme Edition 6GB GDDR5

*Kingston SSD A400 120 GB Solid State Drive ( C:Drive )

*TP-LINK T6E AC1300 Archer Dual Band Wireless PCI Express

*EVO Labs Cronus Modular 750 Watt 80 Cert PSU

Benchmark results

UserBenchmarks: Game 70%, Desk 66%, Work 43% CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X - 74.2% GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB - 76.9% SSD: Kingston A400 120GB - 49.2% HDD: Toshiba P300 1TB - 84.5% HDD: Seagate ST3250410AS 250GB - 31.9% RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400 C14 2x4GB - 76.4% MBD: Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K5-CF

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe unveils dream prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Comment utiliser la fonction SI sur Excel ?