Need to reinstall windows 7 but have no disc

PCT20 13:56 20 May 2016

I need to reinstall Windows 7 home premium as I have been unable to restore it using the recovery platform as it says a driver is missing and it is asking for the disc. Sony have been unable to source a replacement disc for me and have advised me to try online with the part number they provided however it seems to have been discontinued! I tried downloading Win7 from Microsoft but the only product key I have is from sticker on the back of the laptop which Microsoft wouldn't accept and advised me to contact Sony, which I have already done to no avail! Do I need to now purchase Windows 7 Home Premium or can I download/install from anywhere else and will it work?

chub_tor 17:15 20 May 2016

Have you tried downloading from pcriver click here

PCT20 17:23 20 May 2016

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

lotvic 17:45 20 May 2016

There should be a Recovery Program on your Sony, which gives you the option to burn your own Recovery DVDs which will also contain all the drivers you need.

pk46 23:49 20 May 2016

If you have a 64bit W7 system you will find an up hill task trying to get 354+ updates in i changed to a W7 32bit but of coarse it will only see 4MB of ram even if you have 6MB in but I did not have a problem with the updates but took me 5hrs to get all the updates in

Govan1x 04:38 21 May 2016

have you tried starting in safe mode by tapping F8 as the computer starts. If a driver problem that may bypass it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:30 21 May 2016

What driver is missing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Photoshop for iPad is finally out – but what do designers think?

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Bon Plan Fnac : -35 % sur le PC Ultra-Portable Acer Swift 7 SF714-52T