Hot Topics

Need to reinstall windows 7 but have no disc

PCT20 13:56 20 May 2016

I need to reinstall Windows 7 home premium as I have been unable to restore it using the recovery platform as it says a driver is missing and it is asking for the disc. Sony have been unable to source a replacement disc for me and have advised me to try online with the part number they provided however it seems to have been discontinued! I tried downloading Win7 from Microsoft but the only product key I have is from sticker on the back of the laptop which Microsoft wouldn't accept and advised me to contact Sony, which I have already done to no avail! Do I need to now purchase Windows 7 Home Premium or can I download/install from anywhere else and will it work?

chub_tor 17:15 20 May 2016

Have you tried downloading from pcriver click here

PCT20 17:23 20 May 2016

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

lotvic 17:45 20 May 2016

There should be a Recovery Program on your Sony, which gives you the option to burn your own Recovery DVDs which will also contain all the drivers you need.

pk46 23:49 20 May 2016

If you have a 64bit W7 system you will find an up hill task trying to get 354+ updates in i changed to a W7 32bit but of coarse it will only see 4MB of ram even if you have 6MB in but I did not have a problem with the updates but took me 5hrs to get all the updates in

Govan1x 04:38 21 May 2016

have you tried starting in safe mode by tapping F8 as the computer starts. If a driver problem that may bypass it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:30 21 May 2016

What driver is missing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch HBO in the UK

All the Virtual Creative Events that'll save 2020

macOS 10.15.5 Catalina improves battery health and fixes Finder crash bug

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans