AMD Threadripper 2990WX review
So to start off my laptop is windows 7 asus, its had a few problems recently which were minor. Then today i overload of problems, it started off where i couldnt restore my computer to an older restore point because there were problems in the files. Then after that i came by a problem of which everytime i booted up windows when it said starting windows it would pause then crash and restart and do it constantly. I was thinking about buying a disk off amazon that would contain a system image for me to restore my laptop off. Just to see if i could save money i tried using a CD as a repair disc and it made things worse because it then everytime i booted my laptop it would say "bootmgr is missing" so i go to BIOS to take the cd out of the boot order but i cant access it because i need to signed in as a administrator to access all the things but the thing is that i cant boot it up to sign in.
If no repair options are available your PC manufacturer may have replaced the tools or customised them. Check your Computer Manual before proceeding as another key may be needed to access the Repair/recovery options.
Start your PC
If your PC has one operating system Press and Hold the F8 key as your PC starts. If the Windows Logo appear you will need to start again
If you have a dual boot system a Boot option menu will appear. Highlight the Windows operating system and Press the F8 key
An Advanced Tools menu options screen will now appear
Highlight the repair Your Computer option and Press Enter
Select a keyboard layout, and then Click the Next button
Next select your user Name and Enter your Password, then Click OK
The recovery options should now appear
Repair / Recovery Options
- Startup repair - This automatically fixes problems that are preventing Windows from starting
- System Restore - This will Restore Windows to an earlier point in time
- Windows Complete PC Restore (Available in Windows Vista Business, Enterprise and Ultimate editions only)- If you don't have a backup then don't use this option This will completely restore your entire PC - programs, system settings and files - from the back up that you have previously created. Any other data will be lost
- Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - This checks your computer's memory hardware for errors
- Command Prompt - This opens a Command Window
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.