My keyboard Capslock key light is not working prop

akbarzab 20:58 17 Dec 2018

Hello, my keyboard capslock key light is not working properly. When i press it, it turns on sometimes and it doesn't turn on sometimes. Is there any way to fix this ? Thanks Windows 10

KEITH 1955 21:24 17 Dec 2018

would the keyboard by any chance be a ducky channel make , if you answer yes I will tell you what I know ( not being funny )

akbarzab 21:37 17 Dec 2018

Nope

KEITH 1955 21:44 17 Dec 2018

ok the reason I asked was because I got a ducky one and the caps light never worked so I sent it back , I then found a guy on you tube showing a common fault of a solder track missing , he showed how to take a wire from one end of board to the other to make it work but if he could fix it then the company should have sorted the fault in the factory. glad I sent it back

mole44 05:33 18 Dec 2018

Try a different keyboard you need to say if it's a laptop or desktop,if it's desktop take the old keyboard apart and give it a good clean my keyboard is a Microsoft 2000 i got way back with an Evesham (Remember them) computer.From time to time i dissemble the keyboard to clean it,i also keep a couple of spare keyboards handy.

akbarzab 09:41 18 Dec 2018

It's a laptop keyboard unfortunately. Thanks

alanrwood 10:17 18 Dec 2018

On Bleeping Computer Forum this guy has been quite rude to a helper. I suggest no further help

click here

akbarzab 14:42 18 Dec 2018

Yes, i think it's better if you read the whole topic and the way he was talking before judging it to be rude. Thanks for your help !

VivekSharma 11:12 19 Dec 2018

Hi If the CapsLock is still working but doesn't show up the light then I'm quite sure it is a hardware issue.If that's really important I suggest Replace the key or may be the whole keypad depending upon the model and make of the computer.

Thanks

akbarzab 13:31 19 Dec 2018

Ok ok, i guess i'll just deal with it for the moment. Thanks !!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Nvidia’s Gaugan tech turns simple colour blocks into realistic landscapes

New AirPods 2 launch: Release date, price, features & specs

AirPower : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique