My computer clock is 1 hour fast, why?

[email protected] 17:07 03 Apr 2017
Answered

I just noticed that the clock in my computer is 1 hour fast. I checked the settings and they all appear correct. The time zone is right, it is set to adjust automatically for daylight savings time, and set time automatically is turned on. Any ideas? HELP PLEASE.

Thanks... Bob

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:15 03 Apr 2017

Set it right and keep an eye on it.

Try changing where it downloads the time from.

wee eddie 19:06 03 Apr 2017

Is the date and year correct?

Burn-it 21:58 03 Apr 2017

Do you have a dual boot system? If so it is likely that both have adjusted your computer clock.

[email protected] 23:53 03 Apr 2017

No dual boot. The date and year are correct. I changed the correct time manually a couple of hours ago. So far so good, even with a reboot.

mole44 05:43 04 Apr 2017

Dependant on how old your system is if it's a desktop when did you last change the motherboard battery,not related as such but this button battery keeps the time when the system is off.Click clock bottom right-change time and date- click tan internet time box-make sure the box "synchronise internet time settings" is ticked-click ok to get out of it all

[email protected] 14:41 04 Apr 2017

Give me a break. Please. I've been working with computers for over 20 years and I've never changed a motherboard. Bob

Belatucadrus 14:50 04 Apr 2017

mole44 didn't say change the motherboard, they said change the motherboard BATTERY if a PC is losing track of time it generally means the Motherboard or CMOS battery is on it's way out. Read this. Dead easy to do and really is first point of call with clock issues.

[email protected] 16:20 04 Apr 2017

Sorry. I was so taken back when I read "when did you last change the motherboard" I stopped reading. I should have gone one word further. Bob

alanrwood 20:07 04 Apr 2017

Unlikely to be the CMOS battery anyway if it is always a one hour error

mole44 05:50 05 Apr 2017

No problem [email protected],yup changing the motherboard would be a tad drastic.lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?