My 2-Stage W7 Startup Trouble!

IanHaines 01:29 13 Mar 2019

Hi, Folks.

It's a Dell Optiplex 780, running Windows 7 SP1, with a 1tb hard drive and 16gbs of RAM.

When booting up, and at the half way stage, I'm confronted by a screen with two icons, centre-screen. One says "Administrator" and the other says something I can't remember, but isn't important. What I want to do is just go from the press of the on button, to Windows 7 fully started up and ready to go, with no stops along the way.

Can anybody tell me what I must do to get rid of this annoying pause/stop, half way booting up?

Ian.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:00 15 Mar 2019
  Forum Editor 15:56 15 Mar 2019

Moved to the Windows Help forum from Tech Helproom.

KEITH 1955 18:29 15 Mar 2019

hi ian I can asure you fruit bats answer is correct , it will stop windows asking you for a password before you get to desktop , btw , its your Microsoft password that is wanted.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Sega Mega Drive Mini review: Hands-on

How to Cancel Adobe CC

iOS 13 preview: First look at the new iPhone update

Les meilleurs smartphones Android (2019)