Multiple Problems Since Installing Windows 10.

mayfly1 16:48 15 Nov 2015

Seven weeks ago I made the mistake of installing Windows 10. I have had endless problems ever since. I use an Acer Laptop: AOL. Internet Explorer 11.

Problems: * My internet connection keeps dropping out. * I cannot copy & paste into an email without losing internet connection. * The cursor jumps all over the screen when I'm typing. * I cannot use Google. - I get a blank page for every search. (AOL search still works.) * My two Twitter accounts are unusable. I cannot: Message: Like: Follow: and much more. (I have contacted Twitter 'Help' six times without reply.) * I have tried running - sfc/scannow = 'Not recognised.' * I have tried running Windows 10 troubleshooter = It tells me I am using Windows 8. (I'm not.) When I tried again to upload Windows 10 it tells me I already have it !

• All of these issues work OK on my ancient desktop. (Windows XP)

Help Please. Thank you. John

tullie 16:55 15 Nov 2015

Did you type sfc /scannow with a space after the c?

rdave13 17:06 15 Nov 2015

Back-up all your docs etc and reset the PC. Go to settings, Update and security app, recovery and reset this PC and choose to keep your files.

mayfly1 00:12 16 Nov 2015

Thanks both for your help. I returned my computer to factory settings. Removed Windows 10 altogether. Everything works again now. Just got to get all my files off the cloud now !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Inside the concept art behind Nicolas Cage's most bizarre film, Mandy

MacBook Air 2018 review

Comment supprimer un compte Facebook ?