MS Office 2007 Excel files not opening

CharlessReynoldss 13:34 17 Feb 2016

I have MS Office 2007, Windows 7. When I double click on an xls file Excel opens up but it is just a empty excel program. It is similar to opening up excel and then just closing the book1 that opens up automatically. Just a grey background. Also I can't open up xls files by doing File > Open or dragging xls files into an already opened excel. And double clicking an xls does not work. I tried doing a detect and repair on excel but that did not seem to fix anything. Any ideas? Thanks!

lotvic 15:31 17 Feb 2016

Try this fix posted by JoshHiggins Monday, June 06, 2011 8:28 PM click here

had the same issue here and was able to fix without creating new user profiles. In my case, I deleted the Excel registry keys for the user under: HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Excel <-- Close all Excel windows and delete this entire folder. The workbook opens OK after this.

FameRuiz 04:43 25 Feb 2016

Hi, maybe the excel file has been corrupted. Did you see the file recovery mode? I think, it will help to automatically repair to be able to open the file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

TikTok and how to use it for illustration success

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 11, 11 Pro et 11 Pro Max (2019)