MS are mucking up Windows 10 downloads

Housten 12:39 19 Oct 2015

Good Morning, Gentlemen, This is not a question but what I think is more a warning. I have not been a fan of MS and so I decided that I would not download 10 until next year. However in the last two or three weeks it seemed that one could download 10 and install it when one was ready to try it. So, to be safe, I tried to download it to my laptop, and received an email telling me I will receive an email when I can download it. So I thought about this and yesterday I decided to do the same - or so I stupidly thought - for my desktop. But what happened was that 10 was downloaded to my computer, which was then 'prepared' for installation. I have managed to put off the installation for now but know I will have to let the installation proceed very soon. To fundamentally change the way that the installation is done in such a short time I think is disgusting. I realise some will think me as biased against MS, and they are quite right! What I find very distasteful is their attitude - we are right and you will do what we want you to do. I find this very close to bullying.

chub_tor 12:52 19 Oct 2015

I have managed to put off the installation for now but know I will have to let the installation proceed very soon.

No you don't, you are under no obligation to install Windows 10. Microsoft are not forcing you to have it, the choice is yours. I admit that it is "opt out" rather than "opt in" but the choice is there.

You don't say what OS you have but Windows 7's End of Extended Support is not until 14 Jan 2020

Forum Editor 10:38 20 Oct 2015

Transferred to the Windows help forum from Tech Helproom.

Gordon Freeman 15:56 20 Oct 2015

Why don't you try doing a bit of googling yourself, maybe a bit of reading & a lot of learning, rather that being continually 'disgusted' with everything MS do?

You were, apparently, 'disgusted' in your other MS related thread entitled 'What are Microsoft doing with Windows 7?' (No link; cba tbh)...

Forum Editor 23:41 20 Oct 2015

"I have managed to put off the installation for now but know I will have to let the installation proceed very soon."

If you were prepared to download and install Windows 10, and you obviously were, why on earth did you put off the installation? It doesn't make any kind of sense to me.

You either want the upgrade or you don't. Nobody is forcing you to have it against your will, despite what you seem to think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL