Mouse Track Pad Not Working After Update

nf209 13:32 25 May 2018

I have just downgraded my uncles laptop to windows 7 from 8. I have tried the regedit and updated driver. Can someone please help

wiganken2 14:41 25 May 2018

What is laptop spec and OS?

nf209 17:27 25 May 2018

Toshiba Satellite C50D-B-120 originally running win 8 but downgraded to win 7

nf209 17:29 25 May 2018

The track pad works in bios

wiganken2 18:20 25 May 2018

It works in BIOS but not Windows so maybe the drivers need updating. Install and run IOBit Driver Booster (see click here ). It will search for latest drivers for all of your laptop and it may find quite a few but, if everything else is working OK, only select the touch pad drivers for update. Of course you can update everything it finds but I am one of those "If it ain't broke don't fix it" guys. the choice is yours.

BRYNIT 20:13 25 May 2018

You will find all the drivers you need from the Toshiba web site CLICK HERE

wiganken2 08:05 26 May 2018

Incidentally why did you go back from Windows 8 to Windows 7? Extended support for W7 ends on 14th Jan 2020 while it ends on 10th Jan 2023 for W8 so you have lost 3 years of updates regarding security. Also the laptop components (track pad?) may have been designed to run on W8. If it was just because your uncle likes W7 and can't get used to W8 then all you needed to have done was install "Classic Shell" (see click here ) and W8 will operate like W7.

wiganken2 08:55 26 May 2018

If you do go back to W8 make sure it is W8.1 and not W8. There is a whole world of difference. Then install Classic Shell. I have this setup and it is very stable and runs legacy programs better than W7 (in my case).

christinebelle 02:43 30 May 2018

You should check the device manager to see if there is an error for the mouse driver. And I think when you install a system such as Windows 10, 8, 7, you should install the driver again, this can help all the devices get the perfect performance. And for the toshiba drivers, you can download it from here: click here

Liyaz 06:39 30 May 2018

It may be a driver problem again re-install the driver try it again

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Design a vector map packed with creatures and landmarks

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment désactiver la lecture automatique des vidéos sur Chrome ?