Missing Disk partition, and explorer.exe wont start without admin. unable to restore to factory.

Mr.Wright 14:16 12 Apr 2015

Basically, my computer's explorer.exe wouldn't load automatically one day. so I took to using task manager to load it, but it would only load in admin privileges.

I am finally getting around to resetting my computer to factory setting, but it won't let me saying 'missing disk partition' when I attempt to do so. I have been suggested to press windows key and I to try and load 'change pc setting' to do it that way. However that won't work either because it refuses to load it with explorer.exe running as admin.

How can I get around to restoring my computer to factory? I am completely stumped.

I am running windows 8.1

robin_x 14:59 12 Apr 2015

Is it W8.1 from new or W8 upgraded to W8.1?

w8.1 media creation tool

w8 download

Any isos downloaded (instead of online upgrade/install) can be burnt to DVD by right clicking the iso file.

Or transferred to USB Flash with Rufus

robin_x 15:02 12 Apr 2015

You'll also have to download Manufacturer's Drivers from their Support page.

BRYNIT 19:48 12 Apr 2015

Have you run chkdsk to check drive for errors CLICK HERE for instructions.

Did you create a set of recovery disk/flash drive for your computer as these do not rely on the recovery partition and can be used when replacing a hard drive.

If you go to Settings/PC settings/Update and recovery/recovery you have three options the top two will reset windows but IMO this take a longer than doing a clean install.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:31 12 Apr 2015

make and model?

Mr.Wright 23:56 12 Apr 2015

Robin - its 8 upgraded to 8.1

BRYNIT - I have and it has found no errors on my pc. Like I said before I can't take that route of settings/PC settings/ because it refuses to launch due to my admin privileges of my explorer.exe

Fruit bat - my specs are below

Manufacturer Novatech Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz Memory 4096MB RAM Hard Drive 1 TB Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 OS Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy A8 review: Hands-on

Illustrator Juan Esteban Rodriguez on creating highly detailed official film posters for Star Wars…

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?