Hot Topics

message rules for spam emails

conrail 10:26 28 Jun 2020

runnng windows 10 home with windows mail, for years used incredimail without any problems, I now receive many emails with the name AUDLEY, click here, is there anyway, using mail, to create a message rule in mail for this and other spam emails, have tried using tried using mailbird email client but whether I set it imap or pop3 it kept telling me it couldn't authenitcate the account all help and advice appreciated

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:11 28 Jun 2020

One mistake you are making is posting your email address in an open forum - this will attract spammers like flies to honey.

to block emails from a sender click here,)%20to%20Blocked%20Senders%20List.%22

conrail 11:20 28 Jun 2020

thank you Fruit Bat /\0/\, this has happened since I changed my email address on this site but can't find settings for some reason

Secret-Squirrel 12:41 28 Jun 2020

runnng windows 10 home with windows mail

Make sure the message is selected, click the three little dots in the top-right corner then click on "Mark as Spam".

Before you do that though, check a few of the messages from spammer Audley and see if the sender's address is always the same. If it isn't then you may find that subsequent messages from Audley still arrive in your Inbox after marking as spam. It's worth trying once though. They'll stop coming in eventually.

By the way, Fruity's advice is for Windows Mail for Windows Vista so those instructions are unlikely to help ;)

conrail 18:17 28 Jun 2020

thank you Secret-Squirrel, I appreciate your help and advice

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

LG gram 14 (2020) review

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

'Price rise' for iPhone 12 despite lack of accessories

Les meilleurs smartphones Xiaomi (2020)