Memory test, lost signal to tv.

Mathers 14:14 21 Feb 2019

Hello i have been running a memory test on my pc as my computer got quite loud and has slowed down, have dropped about 20-30 frames on some games and on task manager the disk keeps going up to 100%. Anyway while running this test on my two 16 gig ram sticks it seems to have lost the signal to my tv and I can’t get it back on the screen. The test is still running but I have no idea what’s going on or if it’s finished or still going. Will this sort itself out after the test or am I able to safely turn it off without damaging my pc. I am new to pc’s so don’t know much about them. Thanks

wee eddie 15:12 21 Feb 2019

Just leave it on. Memory tests can take between 24 & 36 hours

Mathers 16:54 21 Feb 2019

Ok thanks, any ideas how to get the signal back on my tv so I can see what’s going on?

lotvic 21:17 21 Feb 2019

Is there any message displayed on tv that you are using as a monitor?

wee eddie 22:37 21 Feb 2019

Have you got a normal Monitor that you can plug in. Just to check

Mathers 22:37 21 Feb 2019

Yes it just says no signal and comes up with a a timer to when the tv will turn offf.

wee eddie 23:01 21 Feb 2019

Are you using a Graphics Card or the, On-board Graphics?

Mathers 01:26 22 Feb 2019

Yeah it’s a tv, it’s 4k if that makes any difference. Have connected to graphics card and tried from on board graphics but it just does the same.

Mathers 01:28 22 Feb 2019

Don’t have another monitor but I have another tv that’s standard hd.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?