Hot Topics

Macrium Reflect can't find drive.

hastelloy 10:55 24 Jul 2020

My wife's PC has 2 HDDs, C & D. They are physically separate drives not partitions. D shows up in File Explorer and Disc Manager but not in Macrium so I can't back it up.

Anybody any ideas please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:58 24 Jul 2020
  x13 13:38 24 Jul 2020

What happens when you click on 'image this disk' and click on the three dots to browse 'for folder'?

hastelloy 14:14 24 Jul 2020

I think you've both misunderstood my problem.

I can see D: in File Explorer and Disc Management. I can't see it in Macrium and therefore can't click on 'image this disc' because it isn't shown.

x13 18:01 24 Jul 2020

I've not come across this issue before. So a few guesses. Click on the view tab and select refresh. Still nothing then Control panel, programs & features, Macrium and select 'change'. That will reinstall/repair it if something is corrupted.

hastelloy 10:32 25 Jul 2020

Thanks x13. I won't have time today but will try tomorrow and let you know.

hastelloy 11:24 26 Jul 2020

Hi x13.

I tried your suggestions but, sadly, no change. So I uninstalled using Revo and then reinstalled. Still no change so I tried your suggestions on the newly installed version with no effect. This doesn't make sense does it?

wee eddie 11:53 26 Jul 2020

How is the "D" Drive Formatted?

x13 11:54 26 Jul 2020

This doesn't make sense does it?

No it doesn't. Check in disk management that the drive isn't off-line by any chance.

john bunyan 13:23 26 Jul 2020

As a temporary expedient, assuming your OS and programmes are on the C drive and data is on the D drive I suggest using Macrium for system backups and something like Freefilesynch of SynchToy for the D drive. If you are backing up to an external HD you could partition it - one for Macrium and one for copies of data. I do this on a desktop as once you run Freefilesynch, which takes a long time, future backups are very quick as only changed folders or files run. This , in my view, for those who keep OS etc and data on separate partitions is a quicker and slightly better than Macrium. I use Macrium alone on my non partitioned laptop.

hastelloy 13:42 26 Jul 2020

According to Disk Management it's Healthy(Active, Primary Partition) formatted NTFS.

JB that sounds like a good solution - I'm actually backing to to 2 separate external HDDs.

I'm still puzzled by its absence from Macrium though.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 4a review

Zarin Baksh magickally merges the female form with fantasy

New iMac 2020 release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour animaux (2020)