Low Disk Space on G Drive!

weston 23:06 28 Jul 2018

Hi. I have win 10 home. I am getting a frequent message "You are running out of space on Local Disk G", followed by advice to click the pop-up to free up space. I didn't know I had a disk G and don't know what it is. If I click to free-up space, there is none to free-up. The drive shows in My Computer. Does anyone know what this is about and how to solve it? Thanks. Weston

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:24 29 Jul 2018
  1. Click on Start

2. Type in command

3. Right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.

4. At the prompt, type this command in. Put in the drive letter of the full drive.

mountvol G: /D

space after mountvol, and a space after the colon before /D.

1. Press Enter, the G drive will disappear from File Explorer

2. Type exit an press enter to close the command prompt window.

Guest 1234512760 07:18 30 Jul 2018

You can go to Disk Management (Right click "This PC"->Management->Disk Management) to delete or format the partition/volume G. If the Delete or Format Volume grey out in the Disk Management for no reason, you can try some professional partition manager software, like AOMEI Partition Assistant, to wipe the partition to get more space.

rdave13 11:49 30 Jul 2018

I would just hide the partition as Fruit Bat /\0/\ suggests. It's a Windows 10 system reserved partition and needs to be there.

rdave13 11:50 30 Jul 2018

I would just hide the partition as Fruit Bat /\0/\ suggests. It's a Windows 10 system reserved partition and needs to be there.

rdave13 11:50 30 Jul 2018

rdave13 11:52 30 Jul 2018

Sorry for multiple posts.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Test : le Samsung Galaxy A9