Looking For Solution to Problem

yougottobekidding 09:00 30 Jan 2018

You know when a program crashes or locks up and you ctrl/alt/del to shut it down, but insteaed of shutting down it goes into "Looking For Solution to Problem" mode. Is there a way of turning off this pointless crap? It never finds a solution and I am bewildered by why it is even there.

alanrwood 12:05 30 Jan 2018

lick the cross in the top right corner (I think). Alternatively is there not a "Cancel" button. I cant't reproduce it now but I do know I have managed it before without a problem. I also don't really have any confidence in its ability to do anything useful.

Secret-Squirrel 12:47 30 Jan 2018

Is there a way of turning off..............

Probably - but you'll first need to tell me your version of Windows.

yougottobekidding 13:36 30 Jan 2018

Windows 7 Windows 10

Secret-Squirrel 16:05 30 Jan 2018

There's a specific option to disable it in Windows 7, but in Windows 10 there isn't, so you'll have to resort to disabling the service. You'll find step-by-step instructions here.

yougottobekidding 14:48 03 Feb 2018

Thanks I was doubtful that would work as it wasn't the reporting that was an issue but it did. So awesome

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone X (2018)