Laptop white screen problem with dell

Shashankhegde03 14:55 18 Feb 2018

My laptop dell vostro 2520 had problem with motherboard so i replaced it with new one. But after connecting to new one I am having the white screen problem. When I turn on the laptop dell logo appears with F2 and F12 displayed at the bottom right and suddenly goes to white screen. And now nothing can be done. Even if I try to enter safe mode or setup mode it is displaying the same. No matter what you press immediately after 2 seconds of turn on it goes to white screen. I removed the panel and checked with the lcd cable. When I disconnected and reconnect the lcd cable while the laptop is running, I could see the normal booting of the laptop and after reconnection its white screen again. Hence not understanding whether its screen problem, cable problem or video card problem. Since its a new motherboard I don't that it is video card problem. Kindly help with this issue

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:42 18 Feb 2018

White screens are usually because the backlights are switched on but the video signal is not getting to the screen because the LCD ribbon cable is not fitted correctly at both ends or is damaged.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?