Laptop not working after a Windows update

Spacemedic 09:45 22 Nov 2018

Hi all. My laptop just carried out an automatic Windows update overnight, & when it restarted I tried to sign in but all I get is the following message against a blank screen

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is in this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you’re connected to the network or internet, and then try again. If the location still can’t be found, it might have been moved or deleted

It was working fine before the update & I’m 100% sure I haven’t moved or deleted anything. I should probably add that I don’t have a disk.? Any less anyone.? Is this repairable, or has my laptop been permanently damaged.? Thanks in advance..!

Bris 18:42 23 Nov 2018

This may help click here

PCStore_Services 07:41 24 Nov 2018

Hello there

The error message you mentioned above occurs due to missing or damaged Windows files. You can either restore your computer to an earlier date and time using the system restore utility. On the same sign in screen you will have power options. Hold down the shift key from the keyboard and restart the Laptop using power options given on Login screen. Keep holding the shift key down until the Laptop starts in Advance options. Under troubleshoot you will see all the available options to either restore, refresh or reset PC.

Thanks

www.pcstoreservices.co.uk

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch