Laptop is not booting after some problems.

Jxck130 16:57 19 Jan 2017

I cannot see my SSD in BIOS, also the SSD may have been completely deleted and i cannot boot, i have made a bootable USB this does not work, i Cannot get into windows as its not there. Please help me, you can ask questions about it, it will make it easier to understand the problem. Any help would be much appreciated, my laptop is a Packard Bell TE 11BZ its got 6gb ddr3 ram and has a AMD E-300 cpu, it also says that it has a 500gb hard drive but it actually has a 120gb SSD, it was fully working with windows 8 and then it just stopped. Please help me.

Archonar 17:59 19 Jan 2017

The bootable usb should work - it is like a mini hard drive with an os installed. When you booted did you go into the bios and change the boot order so that it was at the top of the list? Have you also checked the connection between the ssd and the motherboard? It may have wiggled loose

Jxck130 18:02 19 Jan 2017

The bootable USB does work its just when i get to the install fresh install page it cannot see any drives (or drivers) ? I did check the connection between the two and its secure, i also own a desktop could i plug the SSD into my PC ? Thanks for the reply !

Archonar 18:14 19 Jan 2017

Yes I would recommend plugging the ssd into your pc, that way you can be sure that the ssd is the faulty component. What make / model is the ssd?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)