Laptop freezes suddenly after a period of time.

Madcatz 20:09 05 Jan 2017

Hi I have been having an issue where my laptop will freeze randomly after a while, like by while I mean like 12 hours. when I first turn it on it works perfectly fine for ages but then it just freezes and becomes unresponsive so the only way to overcome it is to hard shutdown. To solve this problem I have re-installed my windows 10 operating system, kept every driver up to date. I also never get any windows error notice it just happens suddenly then I have to do hard shutdown reboot and works perfectly fine for hours then freezez again cycle repeats. My laptop is based on the clevo p870dm-g laptop the specs are i7 6700k, 500gb ssd, 1tb hdd, gtx 970m sli, 16gb ram. If anyone know any suggestions I can try I would appreciate it thank you.

Archonar 08:33 06 Jan 2017

A memory check might be worth doing as I have read that it can help with this issue, though it's not guaranteed to be the problem.

To perform a memory check:

1. Press windows key + R
  2. Type mdsched.exe and press enter
  3. Choose one of the options
  4. Whenever you choose the restart to happen the memory check should automatically run, it will notify you of any errors - which you should post here.

If that comes up with no errors then we can cross that off the list and go on to other solutions.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:37 06 Jan 2017

Have a look in the windows event viewer for info.

might also be worth running a disk check.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)