Keyboard and mic problems(may be usb ports?)

Rosa Calin 16:22 06 Dec 2018

Keyboard and mic problems(may be usb ports?) Hi, i have some frustrating problems with my keyboard and mic(maybe related). Sometimes when i turn on my pc the keyboard types multiple letters like sssss ggggg and so on , or missing letters when typing. Also when i want to delete some letters it deletes all. Always when i have this problem, my mic from hyperx cloud2 has a huge continnuous background noise so my friends cant hear my voice behind that noise.

Here is keyboard behavior: "Hello, this is my keyboard" -types ok "Hllllo thi isssss y keeeeboaddd" -problem

Sometimes it works ok and i have no problems, after i shut down or pc is going in sleep mode, then when i turn it on problems arrives. I have a cheap keyboard and is not broken because i change it with another one and still have the same problem

Things i have tryied: Changing keyboard Updating windows Updating all drivers from cd Updating bios Play with keyboard repeat delay and all that Changing usb ports (I/O and case ports) And some other things that i dont remember for the momment.

New Pc specs: Asus strix z270e I7 7700k 8gb ram 3000mhz 250gb ssd my old gtx460 Windows10 pro

Also it seems like the problems occures after the display is shutting down for inactivity, but problems remain after restarting pc.

MJS WARLORD 18:15 06 Dec 2018

with regards to keyboard you may have accidently activated something called sticky keys , many years ago before games macros were invented you had to hold your finger on a key for a long time or tap it very fast. google sticky keys at top of screen a big box will appear telling you how to turn them on off.

Finally do you have problems with anything else that gets plugged into the same usb sockets , you may find flash drive cant work properly if a socket is faulty. you can check the microphone in sound settings , if you get a loud buzz it could either be the sensitivity of you microphone is set too high , it could also be a faulty or worn usb socket , jack plus give a buzz if they begin to wear. To cut down on wear of pc's usb sockets I plug my headset into a short usb extension.

if you hve any of the half life games they have a microphone gain set up in them. As I say buzzing is sometimes caused by the mics controls set too high.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch