The latest Windows update broke the keyboard backlights of my ASUS ROG GL753VE so they no longer turn off after a period of inactivity. I have two identical laptops, and after updating the second one it too developed the same issue.
MS support loaded an incompatible keyboard driver, so that was useless.
ASUS says bring the laptop in for repair, but I find it unacceptable.
ROG Aura Core sets the colours and effect settings, but the timeout is not configurable.
I'm not sure if the ASUS ATKPackage controls the timeout after inactivity. I reloaded it, but the problem still persists.
Not knowing exactly what turns the LEDs off makes it hard to fix.
I had this problem with a corsair strafe keyboard , this is what I did.
use 1 instead of both keyboard usb cables. I uninstalled all keyboard software and in device manager I right clicked keyboard entry then uninstalled the drivers.
On restart windows will install its own generic drivers.
Note it is your choice to do it or not ! all I will say is it worked for me.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do start by uninstalling/reinstalling the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver then reboot your laptop.
- Observe after the reboot and see if the same problem will persist.
- If that doesn't work, do try installing this ATK driver for your keyboard
Once installed, reboot your laptop then observe again.
- If all these will not work that means it's a hardware problem and replacing the keyboard will be the last resort.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.