Hot Topics

Kaspersky is preventing my access to Cunard

slaydeuk 16:58 27 Nov 2019

Since I renewed my Kasperky membership I have been unable to access the Cunard website. The Cunard home page flashes up and then vanishes. repeated attempts to log on have no effect. If I totally uninstal Kaspersky I can get on to Cunard without problem. When I reinstall Kaspersky, the problem returns. I have done this three times. In desperation I have tried to contact Kasperky online support but have failed to find a way to post a question on their community help site. Can anyone suggest how I can solve the problem, short of buying another make of antivirus software?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:28 30 Nov 2019

whitelist it click here

slaydeuk 14:29 30 Nov 2019

Thanks for the suggested action. Unfortunately, I might be a bit thick, but I can't find ''web anti virus'' in either Windows 10 settings or in my Kaspersky Total Security. As it happens, I seem to have fixed the problem with Cunard by uninstalling all the add-ons that get installed with Kaspersky. However, it doesn't seem to have fixed the same problem with P&O Cruises web site. So I am still interested in further clarification of your proposal.

slaydeuk 14:34 30 Nov 2019

Sorry, I spoke too soon. Just tried to get onto Cunard and I find the problem is back. Help!!

wee eddie 16:36 30 Nov 2019

Are you trying to access Cunard, through Google?

slaydeuk 16:57 30 Nov 2019

Not directly. Google is my default search engine, but I insert the Cunard address in the address bar in place of Google (or it comes up with it from memory). I suppose I am using Google, I never thought of it as a Google seach, but maybe it is. Where does that leave us?

wee eddie 18:31 30 Nov 2019

I happen to have Chrome set up, with Google as my Home Page. Kaspersky is my Antivirus.

So, if I google Cunard. I get the usual pages of Options and Clicking on the one, click here, Google takes me to a blank page with a very brief flash of Cunard's Home Page.

However, If I open Edge and copy in Cunard's Home Page address (above) it goes directly to it.

My mind tells me that this is Google's problem, not Kaspersky's.

slaydeuk 19:30 30 Nov 2019

Hi mrgrumpy. This(I hope) is the link you asked for: click here get the same as wee eddie, ie, I get a flash of the Cunard site and then blank. If I do it again I don't even get the flash. Also, I get Cunard OK in Edge and I don't have the problem at all on my laptop using all the same software.

I

wee eddie 20:46 30 Nov 2019

Google's the problem

Pine Man 11:02 01 Dec 2019

Google's the problem

I'm not convinced.

I use a Mac and pasting the link into Firefox I get the same problem as slaydeuk. If I paste the same link into Safari it goes straight to Cunards Home Page. Both browsers use Google as the search engine.

It may actually be a problem with Carnival Corporation & plc who own Cunard and many others including P&O who have recently updated their web site.

I booked a cruise on Friday with P&O and have been having all sorts of problems trying to update my account online and ended up ringing them and was told that they have been having problems with their web site. The problems still exists today.

wee eddie 11:12 01 Dec 2019

Could it have something to do with Google's decision to no longer support "Flash Player"?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Asus ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 review

Landscape Illustration tips from leading illustrators

New MacBook Air could be coming soon

Comment connecter une Nintendo Switch à un pc portable ?