issues with bluetooth on windows 10

craigbarnett 02:02 31 Aug 2018
Answered

Hi

I have recently had the windows 10 april update which was a disaster. I have fixed everything except my bluetooth issue. I use an amazon echo as a bluetooth speaker and since the update sound is very bad there are gaps in sound and quality is poor. Problem is not speaker as alexa sounds fine when used as alexa. When I troubleshoot bluetooth it says check bluetooth radio status . i have googled this and stopped and restarted bluetooth in services but still have problem.

Any ideas

Regards

Craig

rdave13 10:12 31 Aug 2018

Have you tried going to settings, Bluetooth & other devices, and removing echo then pairing it again?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:43 31 Aug 2018

possibly you need to get the latest audio drivers for your laptop from the manufacturer's web site as windows has most likley replace them with generic windows drivers

mark.williams 16:19 01 Sep 2018
Answer

first step is Press Win + R to open the Run box. Type services.msc into it and then hit Enter.

Locate the Bluetooth Support service on the Services dialog and right-click it to select Restart.

Then double click the Bluetooth Support service. Change the Startup type to Automatic under the General tab.Then click Apply and OK to save and then exit the service dialog.

craigbarnett 01:13 02 Sep 2018

thanks Mark that seems to have done the trick

craigbarnett 00:26 04 Sep 2018

update on issue problem is now rtesolved for pc based audio but problem persists on web based audio very odd i.e if i play a song file on my pc sound is perfect same song on youtube still garbled

craigbarnett 00:33 04 Sep 2018

and i notice in services that it says automatic (trigger start )

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Project Gemini is Adobe's Procreate rival – a new drawing and painting app for the iPad

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs