Internet connection keeps dropping out

Steve Rap 21:26 23 Mar 2017

Hello all,

So I have had a Lenovo Ideapad 510S-13IKB Intel Core i5 for about 2/3 years now and in the last few months the internet connection cuts out and won't connect again until I restart the laptop. It can happen several times one day and then none the next! I haven't had this issue with any other device connected to the internet so it's definitely something with this laptop.

Help please???

Thank you!

Archonar 09:41 24 Mar 2017

Have you tried reinstalling your wireless drivers (click here) or connecting via an Ethernet cable? Also don't forget to power cycle your router.

The first thing I would recommend is to check it's nothing to do with the power options - open device manager, find your wireless adapter, double click and look through the settings to make sure that there aren't any auto power management settings that are shutting down your card prematurely.

You could also try resetting your ip address, it's unlikely that this is the cause but it's good to clear it off the list (note that this needs to be done when you are connected to the Wi-Fi):

1. Open a command prompt
  2. Type "ipconfig /release" and press enter
  3. Type "ipconfig /renew" and press enter
  Ryan Stevens 11:36 03 Apr 2017

@Archonar Thanks for your suggestion friend I'm also facing the same problem and I will try about what did you say.I hope it can solve my issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 8 Review

Adobe confirms it’s working on a full Photoshop for the iPad

Apple announces new MacBook Pros for 2018

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?