Install windows 7 boot problem

Dejan123 20:01 10 Feb 2018

So my pc had a corrupted windows xp so i decided to install windows 7, i did everything needed but at the end when it says it will restart it switches again to the install, when i cange boot to hdd bootgmr missing shows up even if i installed windows on it. What should i do? Is my hdd dead?(english is not my native language so sorry for possible mistakes)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:17 10 Feb 2018

Make sure now discs or USB plugeed in when you reboot

Tap F8 as it starts up

should take you to the tools menu - select Command prompt

Type

bootrec /rebuildbcd

press enter

see if that solves the problem

Dejan123 10:17 11 Feb 2018

Thank you for replying i tried pressing f8 but cp didnt show up, my pc goes to install again..

Dejan123 10:25 11 Feb 2018

Little update, i managed to get console on shift + f10 typed in what you said now it is rebuilding what to do after? �

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:57 11 Feb 2018

When its finished type exit

then reboot the PC and see if it will boot into windows

Dejan123 12:07 12 Feb 2018

i tried everything but unfortunately i find out that my first hard disk is dead, caused by a software crash, but luckily i had 2 hard disks so i unplugged this dead one and installed windows on second . everything works fine now and i have 500gb of storage but ok. thank you for support.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The Huawei P20 Pro is the best phone for artists, designers and photographers

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment savoir si quelqu'un a bloqué votre numéro de téléphone ?