Infrequent 'Your PC ran into a problem...' Error

Michael Denissen 18:51 19 Apr 2016

So I have a Dell Inspirion 15 (5000 Series) with an intel inside core i5 and an amd radeon graphics card. A few weeks ago I started having the problem that every couple of days my Laptop would show me this blue screen with the text "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". After the PC started again everything was back to normal, until the same thing happened again about 3-6 days later. This repeated itself a couple of times. Lately it additionally showed me the additional error "KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR (srv.sys). Today (after a 1 1/2 week break from any problems) it shut itself down again and only a few hours later one more time(never happened twice in such a short time before), but this time with the error: "DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (iaStorA.sys).

I don't know if it could have to do anything with it , but in most cases it happened when I was playing the Online Game 'League of Legends' (although I play alot when I'm on the Laptop so I don't know if this is relevant).

I'm really not good with computers and hope somebody knows a possible solution or at least a reason for why this happens (and why so infrequently).

Michael Denissen 18:53 19 Apr 2016

It's Windows 8.1, forgot to mention.

Svol 19:25 19 Apr 2016

If you have not already attempted, you could initially try running a CHKDSK process to check your Hard Disk and attempt to fix any Disk / File errors that it may find.

Right-Click Windows Start icon

Select 'Command Prompt (Admin)'

Enter the command CHKDSK /F /R

Press and enter 'Y' in response to the on-screen prompt Restart the system and the CHKDSK will commence on start-up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo A9 2020 Review

The art projects making this 2019 General Election more bearable

Funny things to ask Siri

Test : LIZ, la bouteille connectée française de NOERDEN