I'm having problems with my SSD

Euan Pettigrew 18:16 18 Feb 2020

Specifications:

• Intel i7 9700k
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super
  • 1tb HDD
  • 500gb SSD (Samsung evo 860)
  • 16gb Ram (2x8)

My problem is that I got an ssd, but I am unable to transfer my boot drive from my hdd to my ssd. I have tried to use many different migration software's, including the official Samsung migration software, but whenever I try to use that, it says my ssd is not connected, when it is.

Any help is very much appreciated.

alanrwood 11:56 19 Feb 2020

It may be connected physically but is it recognised by Windows. Go to Admin Tools/Computer management/Disk Management and see if the SSD has been initialised and formatted.

wee eddie 16:12 19 Feb 2020

As it is comparatively simple to connect multiple SATA Drives to most MOBOs, are you sure that you have done it correctly and in the correct order?

alanrwood 10:43 20 Feb 2020

Hi WE

Just a quick query on your post above.

What do you mean by correct order. To my knowledge and understanding it does not matter which order the drives are connected, only that the boot drive is set as the active partition. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean.

Govan1x 20:05 22 Feb 2020

ninaholm. Fe Informed

Gooseman1 13:58 23 Feb 2020

with my one also all is fine , never had problems . Did u gave it for repair ?

alanrwood 11:40 25 Feb 2020

Engineer.AI -- what a load of tosh. I suspect you are a spammer but I give you the benefit of doubt.

wee eddie 13:08 25 Feb 2020

Engineer.A1: While I would agree with you in principal, I would only do that as a last resort.

Some problems are solvable by us amateurs and are worth trying, if only for the personal satisfaction of saving yourself the cost of Professional help.

I'll give you an example: My NAS Drive keeps dropping out > I have tried any number of potential solutions over the past couple of months > Just last week, as my Whole System Incremental Backup is no longer running > I decided to call in the Cavalry . but as there is no rush . I have told him to fit me in as a low priority > Which is cheaper

Govan1x 13:49 27 Feb 2020

alanrwood

Will agree with your last post. I think he is just trying to promote his own website. FE will be checking him out. Not sure if he has had a look see yet but if he is still on here by the end of the week you will know that he is ok to continue.

alanrwood 19:02 27 Feb 2020

Seems the FE agrees with me and you as the post saying only use a professional has been removed.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to make yourself look better on a webcam

Doraemon postage stamps? Yes please!

Users report serious problems with macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Les clés Windows pas chères fonctionnent-elles ?