icons are missing from my desktop?

conrail 09:40 16 Mar 2018

hi guys, using win 10 home on acer aspire laptop, when switching on this morning I noticed that icons are missing from my desktop, 5 in all, snapshot shows 2 of them, 5K video downloader and google earth pro, although the name is there clicking on the vacant spot still brings up the program, I have tried switching off and on again, (restart), still nothing, before I try a system restore I wondered if anybody had had this happen and how it was sorted, all hep and advice appreciated, thanks. click here

conrail 10:03 16 Mar 2018

Hi guys, system restore has rectified query but I would still be interested in finding out why icons disapeared.

wiganken2 11:41 16 Mar 2018

Right click anywhere on desktop then click on "View". Maybe "Show desktop icons" was unticked. It needs to be ticked.

conrail 14:44 16 Mar 2018

thanks wiganken2, show icons is ticked, I have 14 desktop icons, the only windows one is the recycle bin, not included in the 14, of the 14 five were missing although the text underneath was still there and the program was accessible by clicking on the icon space

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:53 16 Mar 2018

shounds more like a display problem than a shortcut problem.

Right click the desktop and select refresh next time it happens - see if the icons appear correctly then.

conrail 17:06 16 Mar 2018

thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\, I will try that,

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

The best smart speaker: Apple HomePod vs Google Home vs Amazon Echo

Augmentation du tabac : les meilleures applications pour arrĂȘter de fumer