I receive a 'Network Protocol Error' message quit

heidelberg 09:28 18 May 2019

I have recently, over the last month or two, started to receive the Network Protocol Error message, along with various others, telling me that the network has changed or the internet has disconnected. This disconnection generally lasts for two or three seconds, and then there will generally be a reconnection. These messages happen regularly. I have Windows 10 installed. Any suggestions? Dave

KEITH 1955 10:59 18 May 2019

Hi Dave , a few months ago some of us on here had problems connecting to windows updates and got the same errors as you , it only happened with a few isp's but a lot of us were affected.

you might like to try this , I cant guarantee it will solve your particular problem but I guess its worth a try.

right click the icon for the internet to the left of your speaker icon , click on change adaptor options , right click your internet connection icon and choose properties , click on internet protocol v 4 to highlight it then properties , on the bottom half of the page you are looking at now , click on the button use the following dns , now in the first box you need 8 8 8 8 and in the second you need 8 8 4 4 , finally tick validate settings before exit .

heidelberg 11:14 24 May 2019

Hi Keith I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work. Thanks for trying though. Dave

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

Best Office Chairs for the Studio and Home

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Que faire si votre iPad ne se charge pas ?