I lost my files inside my computer .

Joranimo 14:25 19 Mar 2019

My laptop hides everything on it, my files and applications I couldn’t find them. But When I check HD property I can see them but I can’t locate them so is there any way to bring them like the last time I used them.

wee eddie 15:35 19 Mar 2019

I don't know what OS you are using. But, if Windows, to find out where they may be.

Create any type of file > Click "Save as" > A box will open allowing you to Name it and chose where you wish to save it to > these are the Folders which are the usual places > Word processing and spreadsheets will have gone into Documents . Jpg's will have gone into Pictures > Before saving, you could click on each one to see where the others have gone

wee eddie 15:44 19 Mar 2019

If Windows, you could click on the Windows Logo > bottom left > and click Search > enter the first letter of a file you are looking for > click File Explorer > it will list any files starting with that letter > the second Column will tell you which Folder it is stored in

Pictogrram 18:43 19 Mar 2019

I'm using 'Explorer' -> Search bar in such cases - sounds relly dummy, but it could help.

lotvic 19:35 19 Mar 2019

What OS are you using?

Have you always had this problem or has it just started?

Have you had a pc before and were able to navigate through File and Folders with File Explorer and find your Progams/Apps Start menu?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:42 20 Mar 2019

sounds like a corrupt profile or you have opened a new profile that will not have access to your files.

wee eddie 12:14 20 Mar 2019

With no feedback from the OP, we are wasting our time until we know more, It might be a Mac, for example

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans