HP Pavilion g6 display issues

Double0ninja 22:17 15 Sep 2015

Product Name: HP Pavilion g6 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit) Within the past two weeks my laptops display has been violently 'glitching'. The screen would go white and become a mash of pixels. At first it started out as flickering. It wasn't too noticeable but now at random moments the screen would go crazy. The only way it would stop was if I hit it with some force but now it won't even react to that. Someone suggested it could be busted ribbon cable. When I connect the laptop to my TV via HDMI, the TV shows the display as being fine but this is very inconvinient because I use my laptop out and about. I did have send my laptop away to get it repaired within the last two months and it could have been damaged during transport. Any thoughts or suggestions on what I could do? I have no warranty on it due to owning it for nearly 3 years and I have had a message come through that parts may not be available for the model anymore, should I even bother with it and get a new one? Thanks!

onthelimit1 08:52 16 Sep 2015

It may be a damaged ribbon, but may also be a loose connection either end of the ribbon cable. Without knowing how confident you are with taking apart (although nothing to lose!) it's difficult to advise, but here's a teardown video.

onthelimit1 08:53 16 Sep 2015

P.S. New cables probably available - Google precise model number and see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)