HP OMEN - Secondary HDD failing

Rui Almeida 00:20 25 Sep 2016

Hi, I've recently bought an HP Omen gaming laptop, and the PC was working fine. However, when I downloaded a file, it came packed with adware and malware, which really messed up the computer. So I did a recovery to the previous day, which seemed to have solved the issue. But, whenever I try to delete, access or move a file from the secondary hard drive, the PC freezes. The taskbar stops working, the start menu and the folders stop being accessible. But I can still open apps from the desktop. I've tried formatting and the problem still persists after a clean windows install. The CHKDSK says everything is okay: click here :\

xania 14:18 27 Sep 2016

I hope you backup your recovery software to an external media. If so, you should now use this to reset you laptop to factory settings. This will solve any problems you have since inherited, although it seems that the restore on the HHD may have become corrupted and should now be deleted in case it spreads its corruption to the live system.

However, if you have not backup your recovery software off-line, you may well have a problem. Your supplier may be able to help, but don't be surprised if there's a charge for a new recovery disc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 5G UK Release Date, Price & Specification

D&AD Awards 2019: Check out the Pencil winners from the year's biggest creative awards

WWDC 2019 dates and what to expect

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables (2019)