HP BSOD [Error c0000218] +Linux Help Needed

AnonymousDarria 15:41 26 Feb 2019

THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

GLANCE OF COMPLICATIONS / OBSTACLES

1. Not Booting WinXP (Error Shown Below)
  2. BIOS Menu Unacessable
  3. BIOS Update Also Not Probable
  4. Recovery Mode Unacessable
  5. ALL Safe Mode Attempts Failed
  6. No Windows CD Available

Question: To start off, I'm looking for some information & possibly general guidance in respect to booting/installing an OS (Linux) from a USB drive. I recently had it given to me by someone very "trust-worthy & knowledgeable" so the authenticity is genuine. I am not here on a first resort in hopes the general public will solve my dilemma. I have done my research, and in regards to this, I've discovered that I need to access BIOS before anything, to see if my relic is even capable of boot an OS from USB (which I'm next to positive I can) so being fully aware that I'm probably not going to solve this myself oh, I come to you asking:

Is it remotely possible to bypass all of the much appreciated assistance troubleshooting my BSOD, and simply jump to installing/Booting Linux from the stage I am at currently? even tho I currently am not being able access BIOS, which is crucial, do any of you kind geniuses have a method I can try? HELP ME LOL

MANUFACTURING DETAILS & PC SPECS:

Manufacturer - Hewlett & Packard
Model - Compaq NC6120
Proc - Intel®️ Pentium®️ M Proc. 1.86GHz Processor Speed -1867 MHz
Processor Stepping - 8
Cache Size L1 & L2 - 64 / 2048 KB
Memory Size - 1024 MB
Rom Date - 07|27|2006 F 14
ROM Family - 68DTD
Notebook Serial Number - 74918SI143

STOP: c0000218 {Registry File Failure} Registry Registry Cannot Load Hive (File) \SystemRoot\System32\Config|SOFTWARE
OR Its Log Or Alternate

It Is Corrupt, Absent, Or Not Writable

Begining Dump Of Physical Memory, Physical Memory Dump Complete.

Please Contact Your System Administrator OR Technical Support For Futher Assistance

*IMAGES OF EVERYTHING*

<Error Code: c0000218> click here -System Information**> click here -Device Options Configuration**> click here -Boot Options Configuration**> click here Drive Containing Linux**>
link will be available shortly

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS, I CAN FORWARD MY EMAIL OR BASIC CONTACT INFO IF YOUR GENUINELY WANTING TO HELP. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, OR NEED ANYMORE INFORMATION/PICTURES, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK

CHEERS

<**F10 <**F10 <**F10 <**USB

Belatucadrus 22:30 26 Feb 2019

As the Compaq NC6120 has a DVD drive it may be possible to burn a Linux iso file to DVD, then just put the disk in the drive and start it.

I seem to remember seeing somewher that if you press Esc or F9 during compaq boot up it brings up a screen that allows you to select the boot device. Sorry but I can't check this.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?