how to stop windows 10 updates?

psandra 17:21 21 Aug 2018

So the windows 10 updates keep popping up even though I've done it already 3 times in the same day. I don't think they release thing many updates. What should I do?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:40 21 Aug 2018

1.File Explorere - This PC - open the partition you have your Windows installed on ( usually C:) 2. navigate to Windows folder 3. In Windows folder, find the folder named Softwaredistribution and open it 4. Open sub-folder Download and delete everything from it (you might need an administrator permission) 5. go to Search, type update and open Windows Update Settings 6. Go to Advanced Options and set Notify to schedule restart under Choose how updates are installed

1. your corrupted updates are now deleted and you should be able to check for good ones normally.
  amandagonzales 20:21 24 Aug 2018

Press the Windows logo key + R then type gpedit.msc then click OK. Go to Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Windows Update. Select Disabled in Configured Automatic Updates on left side, and click Apply and OK to disable the Windows automatic update feature. Try this one hope it helps. May I ask where did you get your Windows 10 downloader? Got mine from go2top. Just sharing.

rdave13 19:00 25 Aug 2018

Best way to cure this irritation is downloading Microsoft's wushowhide.diagcab. The link for it is here and scroll down , click here. It searches for updates that continuously asks for reinstall or is troublesom then you can tick the box to hide these updates. I would download and save the tool for future use. Most probably the September update will fix the issue anyway.

1]: [click here

Maria Kaylene 18:10 28 Aug 2018

To turn off Windows Updates in Windows 10, you can do this by disabling the Windows Update Service. Via Control Panel, go to Administrative Tools, then access Windows Services Manager. In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the Service by right-clicking on the process. Click on Properties and select Disabled. I hope this will help you.

rdave13 18:35 28 Aug 2018

Not a good idea I think as some security updates could be missed.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs